Apple is now offering the updated Macbook Pro line, but that of course doesn’t mean that the old Macbook Pros have disappeared. They’re still in stock, and still need to be sold even though they’re not the latest and greatest Macbook Pros around. That means good deals on older Macbook Pros which need to be cleared out. Let’s take a look at a few Macbook deals around the web.
Amazon.com is offering discounts on 13.3, 15.4, and 17 inch Macbook models. The discounts are not huge compared to Amazon.com’s list, but compared to the new models on the Mac store they’re huge.
For reference, let’s first look at the new price of the Macbook Pro line on the Apple website.
- Apple Macbook Pro 13 inch: Starting at $1,499.00
- Apple Macbook Pro 15 inch: Starting at $2,199.00
- Apple Macbook Pro 17 inch: Starting at $2798.00
Now let’s look at the prices on the old models on Amazon.com
- Apple MacBook Pro 13.3 Inch: $1,069.99
- Apple MacBook Pro 15.4-Inch Laptop: $1,710.76
- Apple MacBook Pro 17-Inch Laptop: $2,111.36
Here are Buy.com’s prices
- Apple Macbook Pro 13.3 Inch: $1,099.00
- Apple Macbook Pro 15.4 Inch: $1729.00
- Apple Macbook Pro 17 Inch: $2,199.99
Obviously, you can save a bit of money by buying these older models right now. But are the discounts worth the reduction in features? In my opinion they probably are. While the upgrades to the Macbook Pro line are great, they weren’t anemic in the first place, and there just isn’t that much your average Mac user will be doing that is going to put a strain on a Core 2 Duo processor.